Spain, Barcelona – Across the world, consumers aspire to improve their health and feeling of well-being, but struggle to balance this with the increasing complexity of their lives. At its annual winter media event, Philips is introducing a range of innovations that are advanced, easy to experience and designed around the needs of consumers.
• The Philips Cinema 21:9 Gold series Smart LED TV, which affirms Philips’ leadership in the category of cinema proportion TVs
• The Philips Fidelio SoundSphere docking speaker with Apple AirPlay®, which combines two of Philips’ most successful innovations in audio to deliver a convenient, High-Fidelity listening experience
• The Philips 2011 TV range, led by the new 9000 series Smart LED TV, which offers Philips’ best Full HD 3D cinematic experience yet
• Philips Smart TV, which enables consumers to connect to online content; stream music, photos and videos from a tablet, smart phone or laptop; and store programs and movies on demand
• The Philips SoundHub, a range of Home Theater systems designed to meet the needs of a growing group of consumers who are looking for a cinema experience at home and a great system to listen to music
• The Philips HomeRun robotic vacuum cleaner, which autonomously cleans any floor, any time you like, eliminating dirt and dust
• A range of Philips male grooming products, empowering men to achieve the style they desire from head to toe
Innovation in TV
Affirming its leadership in the category of cinema proportion TVs, Philips is making the ultimate cinema experience available to a broader audience by expanding its range with the Cinema 21:9 Gold series Smart LED TV. Following the launch of the Cinema 21:9 Platinum series last year, the world’s first cinema proportion 3D TV, the new Cinema 21:9 Gold series TV will make every night a premiere at home.
The Cinema 21:9 Gold is the first Philips TV to include Easy 3D. Based on passive 3D technology, it uses affordable, lightweight and stylish glasses so the 3D experience can be shared by the whole family. Across its new range of TVs Philips is offering one of the most comprehensive Smart TV packages available. As a result, consumers can connect to online content; stream music, photos and videos from a tablet, smart phone or laptop; and store programs and movies on demand.
Innovation in Audio and Video
Philips has merged two of its most successful innovations in audio, SoundSphere and Fidelio, to bring music lovers the ultimate High-Fidelity listening experience. The Philips Fidelio SoundSphere docking speaker combines the impressive functionality of the Fidelio docking speaker range, the superior sound quality of the Philips SoundSphere speaker and Apple’s AirPlay® into one stunning product.
Philips’ SoundHub Home Theater systems are designed to meet the needs of a growing group of consumers who are looking for a cinema experience at home and a great system for listening to music, while at the same time keeping their living rooms free from the clutter of too many speakers and cables. The flagship SoundHub 9000 series includes titanium tweeters for undistorted, crystal-clear sound.
Philips is also introducing several new Blu-ray players, many of which include the Smart TV functionality also included in our new TVs.
Innovation in Accessories
With their special adjustable design and great sound quality, the Philips ActionFit Sports Headphones are the perfect companion for exercise. They have been designed to provide a secure fit and are both sweat-proof and washable.
Philips’ new series of fully adjustable FloatingCushions Headphones are designed to fit the shape of the user’s ears and meet each individual’s comfort needs so they can concentrate on fully immersing themselves in sound.
Innovation in Male Grooming
As the global leader in electric male grooming products, Philips is unveiling its upgraded male grooming portfolio, which includes four new products: the Headgroom, POWER Hair Clipper, Stubble Trimmer and Multigroom. The new additions will empower men to achieve exactly the style they desire from head to toe – whether a shaved head, stubble beard or body grooming.
Innovation in Floor Care
The Philips HomeRun robotic vacuum cleaner autonomously cleans any floor, any time you like – even when you’re not at home. It is equipped with an on-board camera, intelligent navigation and mapping technology that allows it to systematically weave across floors and around floor-standing objects in a precise left to right parallel path – rather than at random – effectively eliminating dirt and dust as it goes. By mapping the floor, it knows the exact location of furniture to make sure no spot goes unnoticed.
For further information on the products launched today please visit www.philips.com/digitalnewsroom.