- Remove the protective cap before you use the device
- Press the power button to switch on the device.
- The display shows the last measurement
result as well as the history icon.
- Hold the outer ear and gently pull it towards the
rear of the head to straighten the ear canal
- Children under the age of 1: hold the outer ear and gently pull it straight back.
- Children aged 1 year or older: hold the outer ear and gently pull the ear up and
- Insert the probe tip very gently and slowly into the ear canal.
- Make sure the probe tip points straight towards
the eardrum when you hold it.
- Always insert the probe tip into the same ear, in the same direction and at the same depth.
- Note: A temperature measurement taken in the right ear may differ from a measurement taken in the left ear.
- Press the power button to start the
- When the measurement is done, you will hear 2 beeps
- Remove the probe tip from the ear
- The display shows the measured temperature and the temperature light ring around the power button lights up red, if the measured temperature is above 100.4 °F / 38.0 °C.
- Note: The temperature display on the device shows the measurement result for 30 seconds or until you perform a new measurement.