1. Philips Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd (“Philips”) hereby guarantees to the original retail purchaser (“Consumer” or “You”) that its Audio, Video and Domestic Appliances products (“Product”) are free from material defects in material, design and workmanship under normal use in accordance with the operating instructions and pursuant to the following terms and conditions.
2. The limited warranty period for the Product extends to three (3) years for LCD TVs, one (1) year for Audio/Video and two (2) years for Domestic Appliances products from the date of purchase of the Product as documented by valid proof of purchase.IMPORTANT – you are required to show valid proof of purchase (Invoice when required), which must identify dealer’s stamp, the point of purchase, date of purchase, product model and product serial number clearly. Products returned without valid proof of purchase or which proof of purchase has been altered or illegible, shall be outside the cover by the limited warranty.
3. During the limited warranty period, Philips or its authorized service provider will repair without charge for parts and labour, a materially defective Product with new or refurbished parts or Product, and return such repaired Product to the Consumer in working condition. Philips will retain defective parts, modules or equipment.
Limited Warranty Conditions
- Carry-in Repair – applicable for all Audio/Video (including DVD) and Domestic Appliances products unless otherwise stated.
- Repaired or Replaced product will be covered by limited warranty for the balance of the original limited warranty period.
- A diagnosis charge of S$20/- will be levied if it is found that the Audio/ Video product is not faulty due to the following:
* No power because power plug is not plugged in or switched on or no power at power points.
* Usage of wrong electrical supply/voltage.
* Signal reception interference due to antennae/cable problems or setup boxes.
Additional terms for LCD & Plasma TV panels
- 60,000 hours panel life refers to the LCD and Plasma panel’s ability to retain 40% of the original brightness/luminance value under standard operating conditions during that period (excluding component failures of other parts such as printed circuit boards, tuner, panel circuitry, etc).
- The few “Bright Pixel” or “Dead Pixel” appearing on the LCD or Plasma panel is the nature of the product which is within factory standard. It does not affect the performance of the product(s) and does not constitute as a product defect.
Philips will offer a one to one replacement of panel under the following conditions:
4. This limited warranty does not cover:
- Claims for loss of use/inconveniences due to any malfunction, damages caused by lightning, water or other liquid intrusion, fire, flood, accident, computer virus attack, negligence, misuse or improper handling/operation, damages to tapes and discs
- Product that has been damaged due to installation, repairs, alteration or modification by unauthorized service organizations or persons
- Product with model name, serial number or production number removed, altered, is illegible or appears different from the Product Type certified.
- Defects or parts requiring replacement due to ordinary wear and tear, corrosion, rust or stains, scratches, dents on the casing or paintwork of the product.
- Defects or faults in product (excluding display devices) which have been used for commercial/industrial purposes or which have been rented/leased or have been otherwise subject to non-household/non-domestic use.
- Claims for damaged and/or missing parts (accessories) after 7 days from the original date of goods received.
- For all TVs - damage caused by static (non-moving/changing) images displayed for lengthy periods of time (commonly known as "burn-in"). [Normal usage involves moving/changing images. To prevent burn in, avoid displaying the same or similar images for extended period of time (e.g. a computer desktop or teletext page), use a blank screen or screen saver (where available)].
- For Optical Disk equipment (including CD, DVD players & recorders) – support for discs which are outside established specifications (eg. Yellow Book).
5. Philips On-Site Repair service is applicable for Products purchased in Singapore from Philips or Philips authorized distributors and retailers. This On-Site Repair service is offered to Products located and used in Singapore mainland only and does not extend to any other island or located in ship or boat. For On-Site Repair service, Philips shall not be obliged to install, dismantle or otherwise work on any appliance that is not on ground level (e.g. product mounted to the wall at elevated heights) and is not responsible for the cost of providing access to any appliance by whatever means necessary for the purpose of carrying out repairs in the event the location or position at which the appliance has been installed renders it un-accessible for repairs to be carried out.
6. Philips’ obligations under Clause 1 are limited to the repair and replacement of defective Product. Except as set forth above, there are no other express or implied warranties and all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law (including any warranty of satisfactory quality merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Philips total liability for damages relating to or arising out of the purchase or use of the Product, regardless of the type or cause of such damage or the form of characterization of the claim asserted (eg. contract or tort) shall not exceed the original purchase price paid for the Product.
However, in no event shall Philips, Philips Affiliated Companies, Philips authorized distributors and retailers be liable for any punitive, special, incidental, indirect or consequential losses or damages whatsoever (including without limitation, damages for loss of revenue, business, profits, goodwill or contracts, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss), costs, expenses resulting from the purchase or use of the Product, to the fullest extent allowed by law, whether or not Philips has been advised of the possibility of such damages. These limitations shall apply notwithstanding the failure of the essential purpose of any limited warranty. This limited warranty does not affect the Consumer’s statutory rights under law.
No carrier, retailer, agent, dealer, or employee thereof is authorized to make modifications to this limited warranty and you should not rely on any such representation. Philips reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions if necessary.