Thai Fish Cakes with Mango Salsa
Main course – 4 portions
- 1 ripe mango
- 1½ teaspoons red chili paste
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander or flat leaf parsley
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 500 g white fish fillet (cod, tilapia, pangasius, pollack)
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 50 g ground coconut
- Peel the mango and cut it into small cubes. Mix the mango cubes in a bowl with ½ teaspoon red chili paste, 1 tablespoon coriander and the juice and zest of half a lime.
- Purée the fish in the food processor and then mix with 1 egg and 1 teaspoon salt and the remainder of the lime zest, red chili paste and the lime juice. Mix with the remainder of the coriander, the green onion and 2 tablespoons coconut.
- Put the remainder of the coconut on a soup plate. Divide the fish mixture into 12 portions, shape them into round cakes and coat them with the coconut.
- Place six fish cakes in the basket and slide it into the AirFryer. Set the timer to 7 minutes and fry the fish cakes until they are golden brown and done. Fry the remainder of the fish cakes in the same way.
- Serve the fish cakes with the mango salsa. Tasty with pandan rice and stir-fried pak choi.