What to do if there is no picture or sound after connecting Philips TV?
Published on 2016-12-29
If you are using a direct cable connection from the wall outlet;
- Check the incoming cable or antenna signal connection to ensure that it is properly secured to the TV's antenna input.
- If the connection is good, perform the automatic installation again to search for all available channels.
If you are using a coaxial connection from the Cable or Satellite box to the TV;
- Set the TV to the channel specified by the service provider.
- Change the channels at the Cable or Satellite box to view the program.
If you are using a video connection (CVBS, S-Video, YPbPr, HDMI) from the source (DVD, Cable or Satellite box) to the TV;
- You do not need to perform automatic installation to search for the channels.
- Press the [Source] button on the remote control repeatedly to select the correct input source.
If you are using an HDMI connection from the source (DVD, Cable or Satellite box) to the TV;
- Reset the TV and source by unplugging it from the power outlet for 30 seconds.
- Turn on the TV and press the [Play] button on your source device. If the source is HDMI CEC compliant, the TV will automatically switch to the HDMI input.
- If your source is not HDMI CEC compliant, turn on the TV and switch to the HDMI input.
- Turn on your source.
If you are sure you have selected the correct input or channel but still have no picture or sound;
- Try resetting the TV by unplugging it from the power outlet for 30 seconds.
- Press the [Source] button to select the correct input source.
- Check the connection cables.
- Try the connected source with another TV.
- Connect a different source on the same connection of your TV.
Our site can best be viewed with the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox.