Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions shall govern Philips’ Carnival Talks (“Event”) to be held at Philips’ APAC Centre (“Venue”) from 18 – 20 May 2019.
- The Event is organised by Philips Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd (“Philips”). Registration for the Event is opened to individuals aged 21 and above (“Participants”) from 18 – 20 May 2019 at https://www.philips.com.sg/c-e/forms/carnival-talks.html. By registering for and participating in the Event, Participants hereby agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Registration and participation in the Event is free and subject to Philips’ acceptance. If your participation is confirmed by Philips, Philips will send a confirmation to you via the email address provided during your registration for the Event.
- Philips may postpone, cancel, interrupt or terminate the Event at any time for any reasons, without any liability to Philips or its sponsors or partners. Philips may also change the Event venue. If this happens, Philips will notify Participants by email as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Philips may collect personal information, including the photographs or audio-video or other recordings of the Participants (collectively, “PI”) in connection with the Event. By registering for and participating in the Event, each Participant agrees that –
(a) his/her PI will be used by Philips for all communication relating to the Event and all PI submitted may be collected, used and/or disclosed to Philips, KPNV and/or its affiliate companies (collectively “Philips Group”) and/or their authorized service providers;
(b) if the Participant opts-in by ticking the opt-in box at the time of submitting the registration, Participant consents to the information they submit with their registration being entered into any and all database of Philips Group (within or outside of Singapore) and this information may be used in any media, for an indefinite period, for future promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes including sending electronic messages or telephoning the Participant, without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the Participant;
(c) during the Event, Philips may take photographs or audio-video or other recordings of the Participants (“Material”). By participating in the Event, the Participants hereby grant, Philips and assigns without any compensation, the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to photograph and video the Participant and assigns the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use, re-use, publish, re-publish, publicly display, perform, transmit, exhibit, and reproduce Participant’s name, e-mail address, country of origin, statements, photographs, or other visual representations or likeness, in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other materials, including without limitation, text, photographs, or images, in any medium (whether now known or hereafter invented) including, but not limited to the internet and other electronic media, and for any and all purposes, including but not limited to advertising, publicity, promotion, and trade without restriction as to manner, frequency, or duration of usage or any other purpose whatsoever in connection with the sale and marketing of products, or otherwise; and
(d) the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to all Material shall vest solely and absolutely in Philips without further compensation to the Participants.
- Philips shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death in connection with registration for, attendance at, postponement or cancellation of the Event, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- Philips is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or registration to be received by Philips on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from the registration.
- Philips shall not be responsible for any minors left unattended at the Event. All children below 12 years of age attending the Event must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Entry to the Venue may be subject to the Venue’s prevailing terms and conditions of entry.
- Philips reserves the right without compensation to refuse admission or evict any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate or who poses a threat to security, or to the enjoyment of the Event by others.
- For the talks, seminars and/or workshops conducted during the Event, any information & views expressed by the guest speakers or presenters are solely their own. Philips shall be in no way liable for these materials.
- In consideration for Philips accepting the Participant’s registration for the Event, the Participant releases and forever discharges Philips from all claims that the Participant may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with any Participant’s participation in this Event. The Participant indemnifies and holds harmless Philips to the extent permitted by law in respect of any claim by any person (including but not limited to other Participants in the Event), arising as a result of or in connection with the Participant’s participation in the Event. For the purposes of this clause, ‘any claim’ means and includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim, demand, damage, penalty, cost or expense however arising.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore, and Participants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.