Wash the parts that have come into contact with food in hot water with liquid soap. All parts, except the motor unit, can also be cleaned in the dishwasher. Never immerse the motor unit in water. If necessary, clean it with a moist cloth.
How to clean a Philips Avent Combined Steamer and Blender
Cleaning the water tank
In case some food ingredients wrongly entered the water tank, it might happen they get stuck to the heating element in the water tank and can't be removed by only rinsing the water tank.
Please follow these steps to clean the water tank:
- Make sure the appliance is switched off and unplugged;
- Add one sachet of citric acid (10g) to 200ml of warm water; you can also use a solution of 150 ml water and 50 ml of white vinegar (8%);
- Fill the water tank with the descaling solution; use the measuring cup; do not fill the water tank directly from the water tap;
- Close the lid of the water tank;
- The jar (without food inside) needs to be in steaming position;
- Plug the appliance back in and turn the control knob to the steaming position; the steaming light lights up orange to indicate that the appliance is steaming;
- Switch off the appliance after 5 - 6 minutes of steaming and unplug it; approximately 150ml water remains in the water tank;
- Pour the remaining used solution out of the water tank;
- Rinse the tank thoroughly with fresh water several times;
- Fill the tank with 200ml water and run two complete steaming cycles without any food in the jar (until the appliance switches off automatically) before you use the appliance again; make sure to wait for 10 minutes between each steaming cycle;
- Check, if the water tank is completely empty from water and leave the lid open to avoid bacterial growth;