Blank screen when connecting Philips TV to the accessory (DVD, STB, PC) device via HDMI to HDMI
Published on 2016-12-29
- Make sure the cable is well connected
- To check which connection is selected, press the AV button on the remote control
1) When you see Blue mute / blank screen and the display does not indicate any video resolution this is an indication that there is no valid signal detected.
- Make sure the HDMI output of the accessory is on and a signal is valid resolution by changing the video output resolution to one which the TV can handle
2) When you see a blank screen and the display shows a video resolution indication then the connection is correct.
- The blank screen is caused by the accessory device and not by the TV
- To detect and remedy the problem caused by the accessory device, check the instruction manual of this device
3) If the problem remains : reselect the HDMI input by changing to another HDMI input and back to the connected one :
- Press AV on the remote
- Press up and then ok
- Press AV again
- Press down and ok
- The compatibility check process between TV and accessory device will start over again
4) Reset (switch off and back on) the TV and also reset the accessory device.
Looking for something else?
Discover all Philips Support options
Our site can best be viewed with the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox.