My Philips Airfryer's homemade fries are not as expected
Published on 29 September 2023
If your Philips Airfryer's homemade fries are not as expected, there might be a simple solution. Check out the steps below on how to solve it yourself.
- Choose the potato type that is suitable for making fries
- Best to fill the basket of your airfryer only with half of the total capacity for an even result
- Larger fries can get less crispy than smaller fries
- Shake the basket of your appliance 2-3 times during the air frying process
- Your Philips Airfryer uses Rapid Air technology, which makes the frying process different from deep fat frying. Follow the steps below to prepare homemade fries with your airfryer:
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into sticks.
- Soak the potato sticks in a bowl for at least 30 minutes, take them out, and dry them with kitchen paper.
- Pour half a tablespoon of olive oil into a bowl, put the sticks in the bowl, and mix until the sticks are coated with oil.
- Remove the sticks from the bowl with your fingers or a kitchen utensil so that excess oil stays behind in the bowl. Put the sticks in the basket of your airfryer.
- Fry 300-800 g of the potato sticks at 180°C for 18-25 minutes and shake the basket 2-3 times during the hot air frying process.
Our site can best be viewed with the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox.