How to activate and deactivate the AquaClean filter on my Philips espresso machine
The AquaClean water filter for your Philips espresso machine can be placed in the water tank to preserve the taste of your coffee. It also diminishes the need for descaling by reducing limescale build-up in your machine.
Below you will find step-by-step instructions on how you can activate and deactivate the AquaClean filter.
Activating the AquaClean filter
- Before activating the AquaClean water filter, it has to be prepared by soaking it in water. If you do not do this, air might be drawn into the machine instead of water, which makes a lot of noise and prevents the machine from being able to brew coffee.
To activate the filter, follow the steps below:
- Shake the filter for about 5 seconds
- Immerse the filter upside down in a jug with cold water, shake/press it a bit and wait until no more air bubbles come out
- The filter is now prepared for use and can be inserted into the water tank.
To install the filter, follow the steps below:
- Insert the filter vertically onto the filter connection in the water tank. Press it down to the lowest possible point
- Fill the water tank with fresh water and place it back into the machine.
- If attached, remove the LatteGo.
- Place a bowl under the hot water spout/milk frother.
- Press the AquaClean icon for 3 seconds. The start light starts to pulse.
- Press the start/stop button to start the activation process.
- Hot water will be dispensed from the hot water spout/milk frother (3 min.).
- When the activation process is finished, the blue AquaClean light goes on to confirm that the AquaClean water filter has been activated correctly.
Deactivating the AquaClean filter
- If you do not want to use Philips AquaClean water filter anymore you can always deactivate the AquaClean reminder. Follow the steps below:
Note: The activation of a new AquaClean filter will automatically re-activate the AquaClean reminders.
- Press the ON/OFF button to switch off the machine.
- Press and hold the AquaClean icon until the light in this icon switches on. The start/stop light starts to blink
- Tap the AquaClean icon again to deactivate the reminders. The light in the AquaClean icon will go off.
- Press the start/stop button to confirm your choice.
- Press the on/off icon to switch on the machine again. The AquaClean reminders will be off now.