1) Make sure the appliance is unplugged
2) Set the steam slider to 'no steam'
3) Fill the water tank to the MAX level
4) Insert the plug in an earthed wall socket
5) Wait for the iron to heat up
6) Unplug the iron
7) Hold the iron over the sink, press and hold the Calc-Clean button and gently shake the iron back and forth
- Note: Steam and boiling water come out of the soleplate. Impurities and flakes (if any) are flushed out.
8) Release the Calc-Clean button as soon as all the water in the tank has been used up
9) Repeat steps 1 to 7 when you still see impurities and flakes