Before activating the AquaClean water filter, it has to be prepared by soaking it in water. If you do not do this, air might be drawn into the machine instead of water, which makes a lot of noise and prevents the machine from being able to brew coffee.
To activate the filter, follow the steps below:
- Shake the filter for about 5 seconds
- Immerse the filter upside down in a jug with cold water, shake/press it a bit and wait until no more air bubbles come out
- The filter is now prepared for use and can be inserted into the water tank.
To install the filter, follow the steps below:
- Insert the filter vertically onto the filter connection in the water tank. Press it down to the lowest possible point
- Fill the water tank with fresh water and place it back into the machine.
- If attached, remove the LatteGo.
- Place a bowl under the hot water spout/milk frother.
- Press the AquaClean icon for 3 seconds. The start light starts to pulse.
- Press the start/stop button to start the activation process.
- Hot water will be dispensed from the hot water spout/milk frother (3 min.).
- When the activation process is finished, the blue AquaClean light goes on to confirm that the AquaClean water filter has been activated correctly.