From pumpkin soup to healthy smoothies, a Philips hand held blender is one of the small kitchen appliances that makes cooking easy. See our hand blender recipes.
Servings 3-4, Preparation time 60 min., Cooking time: 90 min.
- 1 chicken (approx. 1.5 kg / 3.3 lb)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions peeled
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 sweet apple
- 2 apricots
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Fresh thyme, chopped
- Freshly ground Himalayan salt, pepper to taste
- 200 g (7 oz) honey
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1. Cut the vegetables for stuffing into pieces small enough to be placed into the MultiChopper.
- 2. Using the XL Chopper with MultiChopper accessory, chop each of the stuffing ingredients into small pieces. Transfer into a bowl and combine with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Just prior to roasting, lightly fill the chicken cavity with stuffing, do not pack too tightly. Any leftover stuffing can be baked in a 330° F (170° C) oven in a lightly greased casserole dish for 30 min.
- 4. Preheat oven to 450° F (230° C). Place the chicken in the preheated oven and roast for 10 min.
- 5. In a pan, warm the honey with lemon juice over low/medium heat and season with salt and pepper.
- 6. Reduce oven temp to 350° F (175° C). Brush chicken with the honey lemon marinade and return to oven to roast an additional 90 minutes or 20 min. an additional 90 minutes or 20 min per pound.
- 7. Every 30 minutes, brush the chicken with the honey marinade until all of the marinade has been used.
- 8. The chicken should be cooked through after approx. 90 minutes.
- 9. Garnish with finely chopped parsley
- Chef’s tip: The core temperature of the chicken should be 170° F (77° C) in the breast meat, 185° F (85° C) in the thigh meat if you are using a meat thermometer. A stuffed chicken may take longer to cook. If you do not have a thermometer, the chicken is cooked when the juices from the chicken run clear without any traces of pink.