Grilled spicy salmon & chips
by Haneesa Begum
Servings 2 persons, Preparation time 35 minutes, Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 15g turmeric powder
- 5g fine salt
- 1 nos chilli padi
- 60g young ginger
- 50g garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil just to help with the blending
- 4 nos Red chilli (optional)
- 2 pcs x 100 grams salmon skinless fillets
- 1 tablespoon of spice mix (Add more if preferred to be more spicy)
- Lemon x 1/2 nos juice
- 2 USA potatoes peeled (covered in water)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Begin by slicing the potatoes about 1 mm thick on a mandoline slicer.
- Rinse under water 3 times to remove excess starch.
- Place in a pot of water and bring to boil.
- Strain the potato slices and run them under cold water, before spreading them out over paper towels to absorb additional moisture.
- Place the potato slices in the Viva Collection Airfryer at 180 degrees with a cover to prevent the potatoes from touching the heating element. Use the net feature of the Airfryer for about 12 to 15 mins. The timing is dependent on how thinly you slice the potatoes.
- Begin making the turmeric spice paste by combining all the elements of the spice paste in a blender.
- Coat the salmon in the paste and squeeze half a lemon over it and a little bit of salt.
- Place the salmon in the Airfryer with the grill attachment and cook at 180 degrees for 4 to 5 minutes. Cook for up to 8 mins if a more well-done texture is preferred.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with crispy chips on the side.